Queen + Adam Lambert, The Tale of Three Cities, part 1

I have been a fan of Adam Lambert for a couple of years now ever since a co-worker showed me one of his videos.  I guess you could say I fell down the rabbit hole, as I found myself intrigued with his musical journey towards success.

Of course, if you ask any of my friends they will say I am batshit crazy obsessed…haha, well luckily I only need a fix every other year.  The first time I saw Adam Lambert live was in 2012, while he was on his own tour to promote his album, ‘Trespassing’, in Phoenix, Arizona.  He possessed the ability to really captivate his crowd and thrill his rabid throng of Glamberts.  At the time I considered myself a fan, but maybe not crazy enough to label myself a Glambert.

Fast forward to Sept 2013, in Vegas, at the iHeart festival I watched Queen featuring Adam Lambert’s entire set, transfixed. He nailed the complicated vocals easily. Pass me my Glambert badge.

When Brian May and Roger Taylor announced that they would be embarking on a North American tour with Adam Lambert, I knew I was in.  I was thrilled when they listed the cities that would be hosting them. Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver were on the list and I decided then and there that I would do all three cities.

Edmonton had their turn last night.  It was a warm evening and Rexall Place was full to the rafters. You could feel the anticipation; the arena came alive as the crowd of concert goers started a wave that wrapped the stadium and foot stomped, ‘We will rock you’.  When the lights went down the roar went up as everyone leapt to their feet to the first throbs of ‘Now I’m here’.  The curtain came down and Adam Lambert strutted confidently across the stage.  With Roger Taylor on drums (also accompanied by his son, Rufus) and Brain May on one of his many guitars, Queen came alive.  (albeit Freddie in spirit).  I had a great view in row 2, alongside the thrust and was able to capture several photos.  Old Queen fans were all around me and the lady next to me had flown from Tokyo just to see Brian May. I’ll let the following pictures tell the rest of the story.  Next up, Calgary.

Edmonton, Rexall Place, June 24, 2014

IMG_1483

IMG_1498 IMG_1503 IMG_1516 IMG_1517 IMG_1518 IMG_1535 IMG_1620 IMG_1553 IMG_1554 IMG_1561 IMG_1563 IMG_1564 IMG_1581 IMG_1582 IMG_1584 IMG_1589 IMG_1591 IMG_1616 IMG_1636 IMG_1650 IMG_1660 IMG_1666 IMG_1750 IMG_1667 IMG_1673 IMG_1675 IMG_1670 IMG_1671 IMG_1681 IMG_1842 IMG_1845 IMG_1736 IMG_1737 IMG_1695 IMG_1693 IMG_1717 IMG_1701 IMG_1766 IMG_1838 IMG_1837 IMG_1791 IMG_1792 IMG_1794 IMG_1639 IMG_1796 IMG_1809 IMG_1811 IMG_1815 IMG_1828

17 comments on “Queen + Adam Lambert, The Tale of Three Cities, part 1

1. mal43 says:

Fabulous pictures and I love your blog–keep writing!

2. mal43 says:

Love the pictures and your blog was great–keep writing!

3. Anonymous says:

Excellent pictures!!! Thank You! I was not far from you in the third row! 🙂

4. Melody says:

amazing shots.. I think the best I’ve seen..thank you for sharing the glory..

5. Anonymous says:

You took some amazing pictures!! I can’t wait for Part 2!

6. Loved reading your Queen experience! And your pictures are absolutely awesome!!! Is it okay to share on another blog??? Looking forward to Vancouver too! I saw Queen & Adam at iHeart last year too and am so glad they decided to do this tour!!! /

7. bonsology says:

Bring on the next ones!!

8. So beautiful words fail. Looking forward to Part II and III

9. Rachel says:

Gorgeous pics of Adam. I love that red leopard print top with the black leather pants. I can’t wait to see him with Queen in Montreal. Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait see your next ones.

10. glamity58 says:

Loved these pics. I was in Chicago and had a hell of a time. I’m going to Detroit. Wish I could go to more. Adam was made to front Queen.

11. Thanks for the amazing pics that U had share w us! They r superb!
    I´m from Portugal & I´m crossing my fingers (Lol) that they will come here in a close future!
    Ur blog its so fun to read 🙂 Thanks for that to!
    I´d like to get ur authorization to make some fan pics w some of ur pics!
    U can see my works on my FB page 🙂
    I only want to give my contribute to the great #AdamLambert!
    Thanks again & keep writing 🙂

• whosravennow says:

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the pics. I certainly enjoyed taking them. ;-). Yes you may use some of my pics to make fan pics. Thanks for asking. (It would be great if you could also credit me ;-))